Green Fleet Info
Werner Enterprises is a SmartWay Transport partner. The SmartWay partnership is an innovative collaboration between the U.S. EPA and the freight industry to increase energy efficiency while significantly reducing greenhouse gases and air pollution. Werner Enterprises takes this commitment seriously.
What follows are just a few of the areas where Werner Enterprises has taken the initiative and made substantial improvements.
Fuel efficiency initiatives
To reduce NOx emissions and reduce the gallons of diesel fuel used, Werner Enterprises is doing its part in controlling excessive fuel consumption or pollutants. Listed below are a few examples:
- 100% Low Rolling Resistance Tires
- Installation of Auxiliary Power Units (APUs) to Reduce Truck Idle Time
- Aerodynamic Trucks
- Newest Diesel Engine Technology
- Computerized Truck Idling Program
- Pre-Pass for Scales/Weigh Stations (Reduces Idle Time)
- Reduced Maximum RPM’s to Minimize Gallons Burned at Idle
- Lighter Weight Truck/Trailer Materials (Aluminum, Fiberglass)
- Low Viscosity Drivetrain Lubricants
- Speed Management (Company Trucks Have Maximum 65 MPH Engine Governor)
- Mode Optimization Technology
Company-wide recycling programs
体育彩票365What might appear small on the surface can actually add up to quite a savings to the environment. With more than 7,300 trucks and around 13,000 associates, one can only imagine the quantities that are being used on a daily basis.
体育彩票365Werner Enterprises has implemented recycling programs for the following…
体育彩票365In addition, our electrical usage for lighting is controlled by timers during off hours.
For more information about the SmartWay program, visit their site at .